Vanilla cupcakes are so easy to make, they are perfect for birthday parties, school lunches, a special afternoon tea or anything where you might want a yummy treat.
They freeze really well, iced and all (excuse the messy icing, it was done by my 4 year old).
Related Recipe – vanilla bean paste (you really need to make this!)
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 90 g butter, soft
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste or extract (recipe linked above)
- 90 g caster sugar (or raw sugar, blitz on speed 9 for 3 seconds to create caster sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 200 g self raising flour (could use spelt with 3 tsp of baking powder)
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Pre heat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with paper cases
- Mix all ingredients until combined – approx 10sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides and mix rest with your spatula if need be.
- Tip mixture into paper cases and bake in a moderate oven for approx. 15 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Let them cool on a wire rack and ice once cooled using the basic icing recipe above