You really have to give these oven baked wedges a try, I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t like wedges – I mean, seriously, they are the best served with some sweet chilli sauce and a big dollop of sour cream, delish!! We also love having them accompany some of our favourite main dishes – like pies, pasties, fish, kebabs, etc.
These spicy wedges have that little bit of an extra kick, with the addition of a bit of chilli powder, so if you don’t want them spicy just leave that out (or reduce the amount).
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper.
- In a large pot of water, bring the sliced potatoes to the boil and cook for around 8 mins.
- Drain, pat dry and place back into the pot. While warm add the ghee, this should melt it.
- Mix in all the spices together in a bowl and then add to the wedges, give it a gentle stir to coat them all.
- Tip out onto the oven tray, spread out evenly and cook for approx. 25-35mins, or until nice and golden.