This chocolate cake is such a simple cake to make and it’s always a hit in our house! It’s perfect for lunchboxes and special occasions. It only takes a few minutes before it is in the oven, making it super quick to make. It will also freeze really well, iced and all. Enjoy Tracey
Find our Basic Icing Recipe link here
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 260 g self-raising flour
- 180 g caster sugar
- 140 g milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cacao (or cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and grease and line a cake tin (round or square).
- Place all ingredients into your mixing jug and beat 10 secs/speed 4. Then scrape down sides and repeat for a further 20 secs/speed 4 or hand beat in a bowl until well combined.
- Bake for approx. 30-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice with our basic icing recipe (link above).