This is such a quick, easy and nutritious recipe.
We have been reducing our meat intake of late and to be honest we really wanted a meat-free alternative of our oven-fried cheesy chicken recipe which we love! Now we’re not going to lie and say this tastes just like that, but it’s an awesome vegetarian alternative.
These are great served with coleslaw and homemade chips.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 2 packets of organic Tofu, cut into slices
- 2 c breadcrumbs (additive-free or freshly made)
- 2 tbsp. mixed herbs
- 1 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c plain flour
- 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp. water
- Ghee and olive oil for frying
- In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, cheese and salt until well combined.
- Place flour in a separate bowl and the egg mix in another.
- Coat the tofu in the flour, then egg, then crumbs.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry tofu slices until crisp on one side then flip over and brown on the other side.
- Serve with side of choice and enjoy.