I love mandarins and now that they have come into season I thought I would make a cake with this incredible fruit.
Use our basic icing recipe with an added mandarin zest for an extra kick of flavour. You can freeze this cake iced and all.
Related Recipe: Vanilla Bean Paste
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- Mandarin zest - approx. 2 tsp.
- 240 g self-raising flour
- 100 g raw sugar
- 130 g milk
- Juice of 1 mandarin (approx. 30g)
- 1 egg
- 100 g butter, soft
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste or extract
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and grease and flour a round cake tin.
- Place all ingredients into mixing jug and mix 20secs/speed 4, scrape and repeat or add ingredients to mixing bowl and using electric beaters mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into your cake tin and bake for approx. 35-45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice with our basic icing recipe (recipe linked above) and add 1 tsp. mandarin zest when making for extra flavour.