You really need to do yourself a favour and try this one-pot-wonder, especially if you need dinner in a hurry and you need a cheap wholefood dish that will serve the family.
The bone broth powder in this recipe is optional, but it does add a whole new dimension to health as it’s so great for your gut health. It’s just one more way we can get some goodness into our lives, in a really easy way.
Using the amazing Solidtecknics cookware means we’re also reducing our toxic load as these amazing frying pans will last a lifetime (amen to that!) but they’re totally chemical free. It’s so cool knowing we’ll never have to buy another frying pan ever again and we don’t need to be worried about any nasties entering our food via our cookware.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
- 6 chicken legs (or more if needed)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. chicken turmeric bone broth powder (product linked above)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 brown onion
- 1 celery stick, sliced thinly
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 400 mL can coconut cream
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 tbsp. plain flour mixed with 3 tbsp water to form a paste
- Start by marinading the chicken legs. Mix the curry powder, turmeric bone broth powder, turmeric powder and olive oil in small bowl and then rub this into the chicken. Marinade for at least an hour, but overnight is best.
- Dice the onion, carrot and zucchini. Slice the celery and lemon. Also, make up the flour and water paste. It's best to have everything ready to go.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat - we love our Solidtecknics (linked above). Add the marinated chicken, onion, carrot, zucchini and celery. Cook until chicken is brown all over and veggies have wilted.
- Add lemon slices, coconut cream and flour/water paste. Stir to combine and then turn down heat to a slow simmer. Let this simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through. This will take approx 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil some potatoes or cook some rice to accompany the chicken.