This Indian Spice Mix is a really versatile mix and makes a great addition to any Indian dish. You can also add this to naan bread and wraps for a twist on the traditional flavour.
We use this sprinkled over chicken, in place of traditional curry powder, or even added to soups, like the Indian Spiced Pumpkin Soup.
Related Recipe: Naan Bread
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- pinch of ground cloves
Thermal Cooking Method
- Place your cumin, coriander and cardamon into your mixing jug and dry cook for 2 mins/80C/speed 2
- Add everything else and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Allow the mix to cool completely before pouring into the storage container.
- Tip: Store in an airtight container in your pantry. A single recipe filled a recycled spice jar. Double or triple recipe if needed.
Traditional Cooking Method
- Place your cumin, coriander and cardamon into a dry frying pan and cook over a medium/high heat for 1-2 mins, until nice and fragrant.
- Add everything else and mix through. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Double or triple recipe if needed and store in a sealed container.