Ok, the trick to this honey soy chicken is to reduce down your glaze. If you do that you’ll have the most delicious dish ever!! Honey soy is a bit of a standard recipe, it’s been around forever and I’m sure you’ve probably eaten or made it over the years. It’s just a few ingredients, serve it with our amazing all-in-one ‘almost like fried’ rice and you’ve got a really simple, tasty dish.
You can marinate beef, lamb, chicken or even fish as it’s a great all-around marinade.
Once you make this dish, reduce the glaze and lick your fingers clean, let us know what you think!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 1/4 c soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 large tbsp honey
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 8 chicken legs (can use wings, thighs, breast or different meat
- In a cup or bowl mix together all liquids. Pour over meat and cook in slow cooker on low for 6 hours
- Remove the cooked chicken, and pour liquid into a pot (careful it's hot!)
- Simmer the liquid over medium to high heat (you want a light simmer)
- for approx 30 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens
- Pour the sticky glaze over the top of your chicken and enjoy!