When winter hits and the weather is miserable, nothing is more comforting and warming to the soul than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup.
This recipe is so easy to make and if you make a double batch, you can portion out the leftovers and freeze for another night or for lunches. Feel free to add in more veggies if you like for that added nutritional boost.
Related Recipe: Vegetable Stock Paste
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo and Tracey x
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped in half
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 250 g corn (and other veggies of choice)
- Instant rice noodles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 L water
Thermal Cooking Method
- Chop onion and garlic for 5 seconds/speed 5, scrape down the sides.
- Add olive oil and cook for 3 minutes/100ºC/speed 1.
- If adding extra veggies, add them now and chop for 2 seconds/speed 5 (optional).
- Add chicken, vegetable stock paste, salt, pepper, water and cook for 15 minutes/100ºC/speed 1.
- Shred your chicken for 2-3 seconds/speed 4/reverse or until chicken is shredded apart.
- Add noodles at the end and cook on 1 minute/100ºC/speed 1/reverse or until noodles are cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
Traditional Cooking Method
- Finely dice the onion and add with olive oil to a saucepan and sauté until translucent.
- If adding extra veggies, then finely dice them and add them now along with the diced chicken and cook off until chicken is seared.
- Add the vegetable stock paste, salt, pepper and water and cook for 15 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Add noodles at the end and cook for a minute or so until the noodles are cooked through. Serve and enjoy!