If you make these cauli waffles we want you to expect something a little different. They’re really tasty, a little crunchy with a soft middle. We love them served with a poached egg and nitrate free bacon. OMG, yum!
If you don’t have a waffle maker then just cook them in a frying pan like you would a fritter, or you can use a sandwich press.
We like to do this dish mostly by hand as we find the texture a lot nicer but if you want to chop all the ingredients in your food processor go ahead, we personally don’t think it’s as nice though.
Related recipe: Curry Powder
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo and Tracey x
- 50 g parmesan cheese (approx 1/2 cup grated)
- 100 g tasty cheese (approx 1 cup grated)
- 1 cauliflower (approx 500-700g)
- 1 large carrot
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1/2 c plain flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder (recipe linked above)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter, ghee or coconut oil for cooking (purchase via link above)
- Grate the parmesan and tasty cheese by hand, or dice it up and add to your Thermomix jug and blitz 10 secs/speed 9. Set aside.
- Chop the cauliflower into small chunks and place them into a food processor. Chop until they resemble rice-like consistency (speed 5/reverse if you have a Thermomix)
- Now grate the peeled carrot by hand. We do find this texture is best.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix together by hand.
- Cook in a waffle machine, or in single portions in a frying pan using some butter, ghee or coconut oil.