Our late Aunty Pam would make the most amazing tarts for special occasions and we thought to honor her memory we would bring these tarts to life again. The only thing we have done differently is to make our own cases (as store bought are often filled with unnecessary additives and preservatives). Other than that they are exactly like hers.
So this recipe is dedicated to the most amazing person – thanks, Aunty Pam for always being there when we needed you.
You can find our Sweet Vanilla Pastry recipe here.
You can discover the easiest way to make Caramel here.
Tracey and Jo
- 1 x batch sweet vanilla pastry, recipe linked above
- 1 x batch additive free caramel, recipe linked above
- 1 x banana, finely sliced
- whipped cream
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC. You will also need patty cake trays (no need to grease these).
- Roll out dough to around 5mm thick. Cut into circles and place in patty cake trays.
- Blind bake for 15 minutes until nice and golden.
- Cooling in trays before moving onto next step.
- Fill each case with caramel, a slice of banana and top with whipped cream.
- These will store for 2-3 days in the fridge, but the pastry will soften over time, they are best assembled the day of serving.