My 4 year old and I had fun making this today, she chopped all the fillings and took great pride in filling them too. So basically my Miss Eva made these today (I did a few touch ups as my OCD came out but only when she wasn’t looking).
The fillings for these are endless, please let us know what you come up with, below is our recipe.
Before you make these you will need to make the below.
Pizza Dough recipe can be found here
Pizza Sauce recipe can be found here
I like to wrap these up in a 4MyEarth wrap for school and work. These wraps are dishwasher and freezer safe and can be used over and over again which I love for our environment. Purchase wraps from our shop here.
We love to add Vital Veggie Powder to our Calzones, You can purchase Vital Veggie Powder from our shop here.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Jo x
- 1 batch of Pizza Dough
- Fillings. Today we used bacon, cheese, grated carrot, green capsicum, pizza sauce (see related recipe) and vital veggie powder by Superfoods for Kidz
- Milk for basting (you could also use egg or nothing)
- Chia seeds to sprinkle on top
- Make the pizza dough and let it rise. While its rising chop up your fillings. (Spelt flour also works well in the dough)
- Grab a piece of dough, about the size of your palm and roll it about 1cm thick into a circle (the best you can)
- Put fillings in the middle and fold the dough over the top, to the other side. In a half circle. Pinch the edges together or fold them over.
- Baste with a little milk and sprinkle with chia seeds. Place on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven for approx 15-20 mins, or until golden on top.