This recipe was so delicious, the beef brisket just fell apart and was so juicy and tender. It received a huge thumbs up in our house. We ate this with wraps and fresh salad, but mashed potato and veg would be yummy too.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 8h 5m
- 1 beef brisket
- 1 brown onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 c BBQ sauce (Recipe above)
- 1/4 c tomato sauce (Recipe above)
- 2 tbsp. rapadura or brown sugar
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. beef bone broth powder
- Add all ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 5 hours.
- Once meat is cooked, pull the beef out and set it aside during this next step to rest.
- Now scoop all the juices and onion out of the slow cooker and put them into a saucepan or frying pan. Simmer this for approx 20-25 minutes, or until it's reduced in size and is starting to thicken up. How much juice you get will depend on the quality of meat, just keep it simmering until it's reduced in half.
- Now shred the beef by pulling it apart with two forks (no real way just hack it with the folks so you have long stringy shreds).
- Serve in a wrap, burger, or with mashed potato and veg.
- Drizzle over the meat with the juices from pan.