This is a great way to get some good veg into you and your family. Accompany them with a side salad and some of our homemade Tomato sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce. They are even perfect for lunches and taste delicious cold.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Jo and Tracey x
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 carrot
- 2 rashers bacon (nitrate free)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c plain flour (GF works well) - you may need a little extra flour depending on the moisture in your veggies
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, coconut oil or ghee
- Grate zucchini and place in a small strainer, or nut milk bag (link above). Sprinkle with salt and mix through. Let this sit for 10 minutes as the salt will draw out the moisture.
- Meanwhile grate the carrot, dice the bacon and mix everything together in a bowl.
- Press out all the moisture from the zucchini and mix this through with everything else.
- If your mixture is still very wet add a little more flour - you want a thick batter like consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over med-high heat. Cook fritters on one side and flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with a side salad for dinner, or with some poached eggs for breakfast.