This vegetable frittata recipe is so versatile. You can add pretty much anything you like – for example, swap the white potato for sweet potato or pumpkin. Add some corn, peas, sliced beans, broad beans etc. You can also make this in a smaller pan, just adjust your vegetable quantities.
You could also replace the bacon with shredded chicken, salmon, tuna or leave the meat out for a vegetarian option. Yum!!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 -5 medium size potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 rashers of nitrate-free bacon, diced
- 4 broccoli stalks, diced finely
- 2 carrots, grated
- Big handful of baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c grated cheese (approx.)
- 10 eggs, whisked in separate bowl
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all your ingredients.
- Brush butter onto the base of your frying pan.
- Lay sliced potatoes on the bottom of your pan.
- Then sprinkle over broccoli, carrot, baby spinach and cheese.
- Cook this over medium heat on the stove top for 10 minutes.
- Pour over your egg mixture and let this cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes, or until you can see it's half cooked.
- Wrap foil around your handle and cook the top of your frittata under the grill until done. Use medium heat as you don't want it to burn.
- Serve on it's own or with a salad.