This vanilla plain cake will take you about 2 minutes to whip up (minus the cooking time). It’s simply put everything in the bowl and mix for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides and mix again… That’s it!
Once your cake has cooled, ice with our basic icing recipe. This cake will store well in an air-tight container for 3-4 days, but it freezes well iced and all.
Related Recipe: Vanilla Paste
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 260 g self-raising flour
- 130 g sugar (white or castor)
- 120 g milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g butter, soft
- 3 tsp. vanilla paste (recipe linked above)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC, grease and line a cake tin (round or square).
- Place all ingredients into your mixing jug and beat 10 sec/speed 4. Then scrape down sides and repeat for a further 20 sec/speed 4 or hand beat in a bowl until well combined.
- Bake for approx. 35-45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice with our basic icing recipe (link above).