I was having a few people around for a bbq and wanted something a little bit fresher than your regular garden salad. I had made a potato salad and a pasta salad, opened a few tinned of things (you know, like beetroot and pineapple), but I still wanted something else. I had a lot of tomatoes (I had actually planned to make some sauce, but ran out of time) and these needed using up.
Enter the salsa – fresh tomatoes, freshly picked mint and a drizzle of lime juice – ooooh are you drooling yet! I mean, check out the photo, I don’t know about you, but this makes me want a scoop right now!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 3 -4 tomatoes
- 1/2 large green capsicum
- 1/2 large yellow capsicum
- 1/4 red onion
- 3 -4 mint leaves, fresh
- juice from one lime
- Dice tomatoes, capsicums and onion and place into a bowl
- Finely slice the mint leaves and add to bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salsa and gently stir it through
- This will last for a up to a week, if kept in the fridge