I love a quick and easy slice, that is tasty and nutritious. Mostly I make zucchini slice or the quinoa tuna bake from our website, but I wanted to try something a bit different today, and this is what I came up with. It was super tasty, my kids ate it (which is rare) and I had enough leftover for my lunch the next day as well #winning.
This would be great hot or cold, so perfect for school lunches or picnics.
Related Recipe: Vegetable Stock Paste
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 200 g cheese
- 1 small sweet potato, approx 250g
- 1 carrot, approx 100g
- 1 zucchini, approx 200g
- 200 g bacon diced
- 4 eggs
- 150 g self-raising flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- Pre-heat oven to 170ºC. Grease and flour a large oven proof dish (like a large rectangle casserole dish).
- Start by prepping the cheese and veggies - cut cheese into cubes, peel the sweet potato and carrot and cut into chunks. Cut the zucchini into 2cm bits.
- You will need a large mixing bowl as this recipe makes too much for your thermie to handle. Tip each ingredient into the larger bowl as you blitz it.
- Blitz cheese for 3 secs/speed 7 OR grate cheese - tip into bowl.
- Blitz sweet potato for 2-3 secs/speed 6 OR grate potato - tip into bowl.
- Blitz carrot and zucchini for 2-3 secs/speed 6 OR grate carrot and zucchini - tip into bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well using a fork.
- Pour into prepared dish and spread out. Bake for approx. 45 minutes, until nice and golden on the top.
- We love this served with a side salad and baked potatoes, or some homemade chips.