I’m not really sure I can even class this sweet omelette as a recipe… it’s just a few ingredients and is so quick and easy to make!
You could cook this omelette in your steaming basket on top of some baking paper, but to be honest it’s much quicker and easier (and less washing up) to do it in a frying pan. Don’t freak out at me, I still believe not everything needs to be cooked in your Thermomix, and some things are just nicer on your stove top. This is one of those recipes.
You can add any fruit you like and to keep things preservative free, make sure you use pure 100% maple syrup. You could use rice malt, agave or honey if you want – or you could leave it off. The choice is totally up to you!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter (or coconut oil)
- fruit of choice
- 100 % pure maple syrup (or honey, rice malt or agave)
- Heat a frying pan over med-high heat and melt your butter
- In a cup or small bowl whisk your eggs and add them to your hot frying pan over the top of your melted butter.
- Cook completely on one side and then flip your omelette to cook the other side.
- Transfer your cooked omelette onto a plate and then cover in fresh fruit. Top with syrup of choice.