Skewers are one of the easiest meals you will ever create, that is why we love them. When you live an additive-free lifestyle, you are always looking for ways to change the store bought stuff. These chicken skewers are no different, it is easy to swing past the deli and grab some premade skewers, but who knows what they have smothered them in. The sauce, at our best guess, would be full of artificial food colours and preservatives.
It is super easy to make your own, fill the freezer with them (uncooked), grab as many as you need for dinner and you are done!
Related Recipe: Sweet Chilli Sauce
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 2 chicken breasts
- Assorted veggies
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. tamari sauce
- 12 skewer sticks
- Dice the chicken and veggies into bite-sized bits.
- Alternating between the chicken and a vegetable piece, thread onto the skewer sticks.
- Cook over medium heat on the bbq, under the grill or in a large frying pan, until golden and cooked through - approx. 5 mins each side.
- Baste with sauce, and serve.