We have been making ‘Sausage Bakes’ for years, but for reasons unknown to us, it has only just occurred to us to write them up for a recipe. This is great for all sorts of sausage flavours – beef, chicken or lamb.
Always make sure to source good quality, additive and preservative free (if possible) sausages – these will give you a much better flavour. Sausages are often filled with nasty little additives like MSG, Nitrates or Nitrites and excessive salt. Please ask your butcher for MSG free and the lowest amounts of nitrates possible (nitrate free is great).
Note – We didn’t add any oil when we cooked ours, just use a bit of nonstick paper.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 1h 10m
- 8 -10 preservative-free sausages
- 1 brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 -6 potatoes, peeled and cut up into bite-sized bits
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and cut up into bite-sized bits
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut up into bite-sized bits
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp. bone broth powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Place everything into an oven safe dish. Sprinkle with powders, salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven for approx. 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with steamed or boiled vegetables of choice.