What is a buddha bowl you ask? A buddha bowl is a healthy wholesome dish that is served in a large bowl which represents the shape of Buddha’s belly! A bowl that everyone can dig into and share their love of food.
I don’t know about you, but sounds divine to us! So here is our take on a buddha bowl with some Satay Chicken, a good ole’ family favourite.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
- 500 g chicken thighs (cut into cubes or stir-fry strips)
- 2 tbsp. 100% natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1 tbsp. chicken bone broth powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil for frying
- Juice from one small lemon
- 1/4 c water
- Pinch of salt
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Stir-fry vegetables
- Start by having all your veggies pre-cut and chicken cut into strips. You want everything ready before you start cooking as your cooking time will be quick.
- Add oil and heat to med-high heat.
- Brown off the chicken.
- Once nice and browned add the salt, water, lemon juice, chicken bone broth powder, coconut butter and peanut butter and cook until warmed through.
- To serve add cooked rice to a large serving bowl and then layer vegetables and chicken on top as shown.