What is a buddha bowl you ask? A buddha bowl is a healthy wholesome dish that is served in a large bowl which represents the shape of Buddha’s belly! A bowl that everyone can dig into and share their love of food.
I don’t know about you, but sounds divine to us! So here is our take on a buddha bowl with some Satay Chicken, a good ole’ family favourite.
Head on over to our website to grab yourself some chicken bone broth powder to go in this dish.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
- 500 g chicken thighs (cut into cubes or stir-fry strips)
- 2 tbsp. 100% natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1 tbsp. chicken bone broth powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil for frying
- Juice from one small lemon
- 1/4 c water
- Pinch of salt
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Stir-fry vegetables
- Start by having all your veggies pre-cut and chicken cut into strips. You want everything ready before you start cooking as your cooking time will be quick.
- Add oil and heat to med-high heat.
- Brown off the chicken.
- Once nice and browned add the salt, water, lemon juice, chicken bone broth powder, coconut butter and peanut butter and cook until warmed through.
- To serve add cooked rice to a large serving bowl and then layer vegetables and chicken on top as shown.