If you’re after a nice healthy meal that can be cooked in minutes then this San Choy Bau is just for you. It’s a great meal to make for a dinner party as it’s cheap and you can make the mince and salad ingredients ahead of time.
Normally San Choy Bau recipes contain oyster sauce, however living an additive-free lifestyle we don’t own or use it as we can’t find a preservative free one or one that doesn’t contain food colour caramel. We really need to create an oyster sauce recipe, don’t we?…
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 4 spring onions
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 finely diced red capsicum
- 1/2 lemon juiced or 2 drops of doTERRA lime Essential Oil (purchase via link above)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce (recipe linked above)
- 2 tbsp. brown or rapadura sugar
- Iceberg lettuce and salad ingredients for serving such as sliced capsicum, bean sprouts, and fresh herbs
- Finely dice garlic and fry off with mince, shallots and capsicum in olive oil until cooked through.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook until mixed through nicely - cook approx. 5 minutes.
- Serve in fresh iceberg lettuce cups with salad ingredients like sliced capsicum, bean sprouts, fresh herbs and some toasted peanuts (if it tickles your fancy).