If you’re after a nice healthy meal that can be cooked in minutes then this San Choy Bau is just for you. It’s a great meal to make for a dinner party as it’s cheap and you can make the mince and salad ingredients ahead of time.
Normally San Choy Bau recipes contain oyster sauce, however living an additive-free lifestyle we don’t own or use it as we can’t find a preservative free one or one that doesn’t contain food colour caramel. We really need to create an oyster sauce recipe, don’t we?…
It is no secret that we love our doTERRA oils, and part of that love is because they are 100% food grade oils. Personally, we would not trust any other brand to be food grade and as safe as doTERRA, so please, if you use another brand of oils you will need to ensure they are of the highest quality and approved for use within food.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 4 spring onions
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 finely diced red capsicum
- 1/2 lemon juiced or 2 drops of doTERRA lime Essential Oil (purchase via link above)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce (recipe linked above)
- 2 tbsp. brown or rapadura sugar
- Iceberg lettuce and salad ingredients for serving such as sliced capsicum, bean sprouts, and fresh herbs
- Finely dice garlic and fry off with mince, shallots and capsicum in olive oil until cooked through.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook until mixed through nicely - cook approx. 5 minutes.
- Serve in fresh iceberg lettuce cups with salad ingredients like sliced capsicum, bean sprouts, fresh herbs and some toasted peanuts (if it tickles your fancy).