Rocky Road is a bit of a tradition for us, it also holds sentimental value because this is our Aunty Marg’s recipe. We make this every single Fathers Day as it’s my husbands favourite and the kids love making it too!
We even made our own marshmallow and tinted it pink using our all natural food colours (purchase from our store). This marshmallow is amazing! If you pick the right lollies and chocolate you can make this additive free too!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 2 x 200g blocks of milk melting chocolate or chunks of photo from the health food store
- 100 g of snake or jelly baby lollies - about 3/4 of a bag
- 50 g of marshmallow (about 1/2 a bag or 1 cup of diced home made) - white ones are mostly additive free
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 100 g non salted peanuts - optional
- Chop your snakes or jelly babies into small bits, about 1/2 cm long. I find using scissors easiest. Don't use the thermal cooker, they will turn into puree mush and it won't work
- Melt chocolate by breaking up the pieces in bits and melt for 5 mins/60C/speed 2.
- It may not take that long, it will depend if your chocolate is at room or fridge temperature. Mine only took 2 minutes to melt as it was a hot day, and I had the chocolate sitting on the bench for ages first
- Once it has melted, add all the other ingredients and mix 10 sec/reverse, speed 3
- Put your mix into a lined tin and let it set for about an hour in the fridge
- Optional: I also like to add about 1/2 cup of unsalted peanuts
- Serve and enjoy