I had been out for lunch and ordered a salad, immediately I knew I had to try and recreate it for our site, it was that good. This is not exactly the same, I must admit, but it is pretty darn close and I make it a lot, especially for lunches. I really hope you all love it as well.
It is super easy to make, and you can make up a batch in advance, then enjoy for lunch for the next few days. Perfect for the busy person who just wants to grab lunch on the run.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 packet halloumi (diced)
- 4 rashers bacon (diced)
- Mayonnaise to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- Spread out the diced pumpkin over the tray, spritz with some olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and cook for 40 mins.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, in a large frying pan, over a med-high heat cook the diced bacon and halloumi until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the baby spinach and allow to dry.
- Once everything is cooked, toss it all together in a large bowl, and serve either hot or cold. Drizzle with mayonnaise and enjoy.