Peppermint is one of my all-time favourite flavours. I love peppermint chocolate, peppermint slice and of course, peppermint bliss balls. In fact, it was our search for a pure peppermint oil that led us to find doTERRA. I wanted to make peppermint chocolate but was not willing to use a synthetic flavour as commonly found in most supermarkets. That led us to the information superhighway Google, which brought us to doTERRA, and my-o-my we are stocked that we found out about pure, food-grade essential oils!
If you want to learn more about how to get doTERRA oils into your life, so you too can continue to live an additive-free lifestyle and flavour your food in a purely natural way then click here to check out the simple instructions to register for your own account.
Register with doTERRA and Save 25%
It is no secret that we love our doTERRA oils, and part of that love is because they are 100% food grade oils. Personally, we would not trust any other brand to be food grade and as safe as doTERRA, so please, if you use another brand of oils you will need to ensure they are of the highest quality and approved for use within food.
If you love these bliss balls as much as we do, please leave us a comment and tell us all about it.
- 100 g oats
- 80 g desiccated coconut (preservative free)
- 170 g pitted dates
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp. rice malt syrup
- 50 g dark chocolate, broken into bits
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (40g)
- 2 tbsp. water (you could use coconut water)
- 3 -5 drops doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
- Place everything into a high speed blender (or thermie) and blitz 15 secs/speed 8. Scrape and repeat if necessary.
- Roll into balls and coat in extra coconut. Store in the fridge or freezer.