Mac and Cheese… just the name makes me want to drool. This has been a recipe we have wanted to create for quite a while and we are excited to finally bring it to you without a single additive in sight – NO Annatto, NO artificial colours and NO MSG!
It is easy to make and a true family favourite, so give it a go and let us know what you think.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo & Tracey x
- 500 g macaroni pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g butter
- 650 g milk
- 150 g freshly grated tasty cheese
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 70 g plain flour (or gluten-free cornflour if desired)
Thermal Cooking Method
- Blitz onion and garlic for 3 secs/speed 6. Add butter and cook for 2 mins/100ºC/speed 1. It is also time to start cooking your pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the thermie jug and cook for 7 mins/90ºC/speed 4.
- Drain the pasta and mix everything in a bowl together and serve.
Traditional Cooking Method
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Add this, along with butter, to a large pot. Cook over a med/high temp until the onions are clear. It is also time to start cooking your pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a small jug, mix the milk and flour together, removing all lumps. Then pour this into the pot and stir well. Add both the cheeses, stir in well and turn down the heat to a simmer, stirring often, until the sauce thickens.
- Drain the pasta and mix everything together in a bowl and serve.