We totally think our pesto is the besto! haha
Pesto is such a versatile sauce/condiment that you can add to so many things such as:
- Use as a dip
- Dollop over roasted veggies
- Dollop over pizza toppings or on pizza base as the sauce
- Spread over meat
The possibilities really are endless. It’s also really nutritious given the amount of leafy greens in it.
Make sure you get yourself a good quality additive-free parmesan cheese. It’s always best to get the block cheese and cut it up or grate it yourself. Pre-packed grated cheese can quite often have anti-caking agent (460) on it which is that white powdery residue on the grated cheese which you really want to avoid.
Related ingredient: doTERRA Basil essential oil
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Jo and Tracey x
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 40 g pine nuts
- 10 g basil leaves
- 60 g baby spinach
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Basil essential oil (purchase from link above)
- Pinch of salt
Thermal Cooking Method
- Chop parmesan cheese into cubes and add to thermie and blitz 20 secs/speed 9.
- Add all other ingredients in order listed and chop 20 secs/speed 7.
- Scrape sides and chop again if needed (speed 7).
Traditional Cooking Method
- Grate parmesan cheese.
- Add all other ingredients into a food processer and blend until well chopped and incorporated.