We totally think our pesto is the besto! haha
Pesto is such a versatile sauce/condiment that you can add to so many things such as:
- Use as a dip
- Dollop over roasted veggies
- Dollop over pizza toppings or on pizza base as the sauce
- Spread over meat
The possibilities really are endless. It’s also really nutritious given the amount of leafy greens in it.
Make sure you get yourself a good quality additive-free parmesan cheese. It’s always best to get the block cheese and cut it up or grate it yourself. Pre-packed grated cheese can quite often have anti-caking agent (460) on it which is that white powdery residue on the grated cheese which you really want to avoid.
Related ingredient: doTERRA Basil essential oil
It is no secret that we love our doTERRA oils, and part of that love is because they are 100% food grade oils. Personally, we would not trust any other brand to be food grade and as safe as doTERRA, so please, if you use another brand of oils you will need to ensure they are of the highest quality and approved for use within food.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Jo and Tracey x
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 40 g pine nuts
- 10 g basil leaves
- 60 g baby spinach
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Basil essential oil (purchase from link above)
- Pinch of salt
Thermal Cooking Method
- Chop parmesan cheese into cubes and add to thermie and blitz 20 secs/speed 9.
- Add all other ingredients in order listed and chop 20 secs/speed 7.
- Scrape sides and chop again if needed (speed 7).
Traditional Cooking Method
- Grate parmesan cheese.
- Add all other ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until well chopped and incorporated.