Due to all the artificial colours in regular jelly, we have avoided making this super popular slice – until now!!
Holy mackerel, it is sooooo gooood to be tucking into a bit of this. I think I checked the fridge a zillion times to see if it was set, just so I could start eating it – I was that excited when I finally had a slice that I may have eaten three (just saying)!!
So, consider yourself warned – you will not be able to stop at one bit, so please don’t write to us when you are addicted to this slice and need to order more cordial and gelatin, lol!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 1/4 c cold water
- 1 1/2 scoops of Nutra Organics Gelatine (purchase from link above)
- 1 1/2 c boiling hot water
- 1/4 c Roar Cordial (purchase from link above)
- 250 g packet milk arrowroot biscuits
- 180 g butter
- 1 x 395g tin condensed milk
- 3 tsp. gelatin
- 1/2 c boiling hot water
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Grease and line a 20cm x 10cm slice tin, allowing the paper to hang over the edges by at least 2cm.
Jelly Mixture Method
- Mix the cold water and gelatin in a bowl and let it sit for 3 minutes. Mix in boiling hot water and Roar Cordial and stir well. Leave on the kitchen bench so that it does not set, but starts to cool down.
Base Mixture Method
- Blitz biscuits for 10 secs/speed 6 - tip out and set aside. No need to wash your jug.
- Melt butter for 1 mins/50ºC/speed 2. Scrape down sides and repeat if needed. You want it fully melted.
- Add biscuits back in and mix well, 10-15 secs/speed 3/reverse.
- Press into a slice tin and place in fridge while you make the middle. Wash out your jug ready for the next step.
Middle Mixture Method
- Pour condensed milk into thermo jug.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and boiling hot water and mix well, making sure all the gelatin dissolves. Add lemon juice and mix again.
- Turn your machine onto speed 2 and slowly pour the gelatin mix into the condensed milk, ensuring it is all mixed in. Approx. 30 secs.
- Pour this mix over the biscuit base and place back in fridge for at least an hour or until set.
Jelly Top Method
- Pour cooled jelly mix over the top and place back in fridge until all set, approx. another hour or two.