Honey Joys, they bring back so many childhood memories for me… They remind me of my Auntie Marg, she’s a sensational cook and Honey Joy’s were our thing, actually, they ARE our thing! Every time I go back home (to Tasmania) and we see Auntie Marg she’s always made a batch of these, just for me (and I really don’t care that I’m nearly 40 now).
Food is all about love, family, memories, and joy. These tick all those boxes for me and I hope they do for you too.
I have adapted the recipe a little to make them refined sugar free, so they aren’t the exact original recipe, but they are still just as yummy!
I sprinkled a few of our artificial free 100 & 1000’s on top just because I could
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 100 g butter
- 60 g honey
- 80 g rice malt syrup
- 200 g additive free corn flakes, or rice flakes (as pictured)
- Approx 12 patty cases. This will depend on how large your cases are
- *optional* - Artificial free 100 & 1000s (link above)
- Add butter, honey and rice malt syrup into your mixing jug. Cook for 5 mins/80C/speed 2
- Add corn (or rice) flakes and mix on reverse, speed 1.5 until combined. Approx 5 secs
- Spoon into patty cases and place in fridge to set. This will take approx 20 mins
- I sprinkled the top with Hopper artificial free 100 & 1000's which you can purchase from our website