A classic favourite with a twist!
Everyone loves a chicken parmigiana, especially when it takes a Hawaiian holiday! LOL! Seriously though, this will be a hit with everyone you make it for.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- Chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half (as many as you like)
- Eggs, beaten (as many as you need to coat chicken)
- Plain flour
- Breadcrumbs (additive-free) (gluten free if desired)
- Extra virgin olive oil, ghee or coconut oil for cooking your chicken in (approx. 2-4 tbsp.)
- Ham slices (for the top of each piece of chicken)
- Passata sauce (or homemade tomato sauce) (approx. 2 tbsp. per piece of chicken)
- Pineapple slices (for the top of each piece of chicken)
- Freshly grated cheese (approx. 1/4 cup per piece of chicken)
- Side salad of choice
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat your egg and place in a wide bowl/dish, in a second wide bowl/dish add flour and in a third wide bowl/dish add breadcrumbs.
- Fry off your chicken in a hot pan until cooked on each side. Don’t worry if the middle is still a touch undercooked, as it’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Once your chicken is cooked on both sides, lay each piece on your oven tray. Top with passata sauce, ham, pineapple and grated cheese.
- Place in oven until the cheese is golden brown and cooked on top (approx. 15 mins).
- Serve with a side salad.