Honestly, it doesn’t get any easier to make your own garlic bread. Once you start making your own you will never buy it from the grocery store again. I freeze this once it has been sliced and completely cold with garlic butter added.
Tip – allow your bread to cool completely before slicing, this will stop it from tearing when cutting.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Tracey x
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 300 g water
- 500 g bakers flour
- 2 tsp. salt (iodised)
- 4 tsp. chia seeds
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
- 200 g butter
- Place yeast and water into your jug and mix 1 min/temp 37/speed 2
- Add all other ingredients and knead for 6 mins
- Turn dough out into a lightly floured bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to prove somewhere warm for at least 30 mins. The dough should double in size
- I like to make 3 smaller rolls with this mixture, but you can make as many as you like. The process will be the same
- Break dough into 3 equal sizes and form into log roll shapes. Place on a flat baking tray and leave for another 20 mins, covered, somewhere warm to rise for a second time. Preheat oven at this stage - 200°C
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins. Remeber to adjust your cooking times slightly depending on the size of your rolls (ie if you have made just one roll then I would allow 25 mins cooking time)
- Allow rolls to cool completely before cutting. Then butter in between each slice and wrap in foil. You can place them in the freezer at this stage or back in the oven for another 10-15 mins if eating right away
- If you have frozen them, I place the roll into a cold oven and turn onto 200°C. This gives the bread a chance to defrost slightly before it starts to cook again. Bake for approx 15-25 mins (if frozen) or 10-15 mins (if defrosted)
- To make the garlic butter - place garlic into jug and blitz 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides and add butter and herbs. Mix again and 5 sec/speed 5