These fruit berry scrolls are something a little different, the combinations work really well together and they were a big hit in our family.
I used our homemade raspberry jam, wholewheat bakers flour (although normal bakers flour would also work well) and organic, sulphite free dried fruit. We talk about Sulphites in our Additive Free Made Easy e-course, they are a big no-no in our house, it can be fatal to asthmatics.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 2 tsp. dried instant yeast
- 280 g luke warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 500 g bakers flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 100 g mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 c raspberry jam (recipe above)
- Add all ingredients, except dried fruit & jam, into your thermo jug and knead for 6 minutes. TIP: Add them as per order above
- Add dried fruit and knead for 30 secs
- Tip dough onto a lightly floured bench and knead by hand so all the fruit is incorporated well
- Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a tea-towel. Set aside in a warm spot to prove till doubled in size
- Once doubled in size, bash down and then roll the dough into a square about 1cm thick. Spread with raspberry jam
- Roll this into a scroll and slice into 2cm thick pieces Place them on an oven tray coated in baking paper. Set them aside in a warm spot, covered with a clean tea towel to double in size again
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Once doubled in size, pop them in the oven and cook for approx 18 mins or until lightly golden in colour
- Serve warm or cold. Be careful, the jam will burn when hot