I am going to apologise now, this creamy chicken fettuccine is so good you are not going to want to stop eating it #sorry.
As a teenager, I used to love those packets of Alfredo pasta, I would eat them all the time and never think twice about what might have been in them. Now that I look back, I must have been consuming all sorts of hideous things – it was no wonder I felt tired, sluggish and that I was slightly overweight. As I look back now, it’s crazy to think, that in my late teens, when I should have had all the energy in the world, I was doing this to my body. I am so glad that I have made all the switches now so that I can pass this knowledge onto my family, and give them the best life possible.
This recipe reminds me of those packets, but now that I know what I do about additives and preservatives, I can assure you, this is nothing like them. This recipe does not have a harmful chemical insight – it is made with pure, fresh ingredients and on top of all that – it made a massive amount, it is cost effective and is 100% delicious….what’s not to love.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Tracey x
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 40 g cornflour
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped parsley (could use dried as well)
- cracked black pepper, a few good grindings
- 1 tbsp. thermomade veggie stock
- 450 g milk
- 400 mL pure cream
- 60 g tasty cheese, diced roughly
- 100 g parmesan cheese, diced roughly
- 40 g butter
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- First, you need to cook the chicken - fill your thermie jug with enough water to cover the blades. Roughly chop your chicken and place in the steaming basket. Steam for approx 15 mins/steaming temp/speed 2 (varoma for those with a thermomix)
- Check the chicken is cooked (if not cook for a further 5 mins). Tip out water and put chicken into the jug. Shred the chicken apart for 2-3 secs/reverse speed 4. Set this aside to use later. No need to wash the jug
- Chop garlic for 3 secs/speed 6. Scrape down sides and add butter. Cook for 2 mins/100C/speed 2
- Add cheese and blitz 5 secs/speed 7
- Add everything else (except pasta) and cook 12 mins/80C/speed 4
- While your sauce is cooking, boil a large pot of water and cook your pasta as per packet instructions (if your sauce finishes cooking, don't worry, just leave it to rest and thicken up)
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain and rinse it. Then put it back into your pot, or a very large bowl and add the chicken. Pour the sauce over the top and stir through.
- Serve with some freshly cracked pepper and enjoy!