I really love this citrus chicken salad – before you screw your nose up to the ingredients I want you to give it a go. You will be surprised! The combination of the flavours actually work well together, I don’t know how but they just do!
The crunch of the snow pea’s give it a lovely texture, the juiciness from the orange adds a whole new zesty element and the saltiness of the feta is a must! I’d go as far as saying if you don’t have the feta then don’t make the dish, I think between the orange and the feta, they’re the stars of the dish.
In the dressing, I use our pure Lemon doTERRA essential oil which you can get by clicking here. I have lemon in my water every morning, use it to clean, detox, in bliss balls or more. You’ll find hundreds of uses for your bottle of doTERRA lemon, don’t just think you’ll use it once and never again – you won’t!
It is no secret that we love our doTERRA oils, and part of that love is because they are 100% food grade oils. Personally, we would not trust any other brand to be food grade and as safe as doTERRA, so please, if you use another brand of oils you will need to ensure they are of the highest quality and approved for use within food.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 sweet navel oranges
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1/2 broccoli
- 12 snow peas
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp. good quality olive oil (or avocado)
- 2 pinches salt
- Juice of half a lemon or 2 drops of doTERRA lemon essential oil (link above)
- Start by heating oil in a frying pan and grill your chicken.
- While that is cooking roughly chop your cauliflower and broccoli and add it to your thermie jug and blitz this for 3 secs/speed 4 or to your blender jug and blitz 3 secs/medium speed.
- Check chicken - make sure it's cooking nicely. Turn if need be.
- Cut the peel and pith of your oranges. If you can segment your oranges that will be even better.
- Dice snow peas by hand.
- In a bowl mix together your cauli/broc mix, snow peas and oranges. Sprinkle through feta cheese.
- Once your chicken is cooked sit that aside to cool down. Once it's cold mix through salad.
- Now make up your salad dressing in a cup or small bow. Add olive oil, salt, and lemon. Whisk together well.
- Mix through salad dressing and serve.