Omelette is our number one go-to meal, we probably have this once a week, mostly on a Friday or Sunday night cause it’s super EASY! As a friend of mine (Lisa Corduff) would say, “if you’ve got an egg, you’ve got a meal” and that’s so true!
Today we’ve added some delicious chorizo sausage, a little pinch of ground chilli and some veggies – simple. tasty. so right.
You might be asking “chorizo, aren’t they full of artificial nitrates?” well yep, most of the time they are however we’ve found this 100% natural chorizo from Woolworths which we’re happy to recommend. It’s really tasty and a great alternative to the other stuff so make the easy switch next time you’re out shopping.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo & Tracey x
- 2 eggs
- Dash of milk or cream
- 1/2 chorizo sausage
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Handful of baby spinach
- Pinch of ground chilli
- 1 tbsp. butter
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs and milk or cream.
- Slice chorizo in slices, slice tomatoes in half and wash spinach.
- Heat butter in a frying pan until it bubbles. Cook sausage, tomatoes and spinach. Once cooked set aside.
- Add whisked egg and cook till completely cooked on that side and starting to cook through. You may need to turn the heat down to prevent burning.
- Place cooked sausage and vegetables on top of your cooked omelette and sprinkle with chilli powder. Flip one side of the egg over so it flips in half - like the photo.
- Let this cook through (won't take long) and then place onto a plate. Some feta crumbled over the top would be yummy.