We all love a good ol’ chicken parmi, right? They’re the best! Although the deep-fried versions are delicious, and something great to have at the pub, it’s probably not the best meal to have on a regular occasion but, you can control what oil you cook it in… These parmi’s took me literally 20 minutes to make from start to finish, and dinner was on the table. I served with a quick and easy side salad. Such an easy midweek meal! Oh and just to be clear, no thermie required for this one…
PS: This dish would also be good with pineapple on top, go Hawaiian!!
Related Recipe: Homemade Tomato Sauce
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Jo x
- Chicken breasts, cut in half (butterflied) - as many as you like
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ghee or coconut oil for cooking your chicken in. Approx 2-4 tbsp
- Ham slices - for the top of each piece of chicken (Nitrate Free Ham)
- Passata sauce (or homemade tomato sauce - Recipe link above) - approx 2 tbsp per piece of chicken
- Freshly grated cheese - approx 1/4 cup per piece of chicken
- Side salad of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Fry off your chicken in a hot pan until cooked on each side. Don't worry if the middle is still a touch undercooked, as it'll finish cooking in the oven (Tip - Start to prep your salad while chicken is cooking).
- While that's cooking line a baking tray with baking paper
- Once your chicken is cooked on both sides, lay each piece on your oven tray. Top with passata or tomato sauce, ham and grated cheese
- Place in oven until the cheese is golden brown and cooked on top. Approx 15 mins
- Serve with a side salad