We love this recipe because it is so simple, yet it will fancy up any gathering you’re catering for and make it look like you’ve gone to way more effort than you actually have! lol. It is also easy to switch out some ingredients and put your own spin on it – for example: leave out the bacon for a vegetarian option or add in some chives instead of spring onions. Sundried tomatoes would be pretty awesome as well (just saying, drooling)
While we have you, please think about switching up the use of plastic wrap for an eco-friendly option. To wrap this up I used the 4My Earth sandwich wrap instead, and it worked a treat.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo & Tracey x
- 1h 10m
- 1h 15m
- 250 g block cream cheese
- 45 g block parmesan cheese
- 90 g block tasty cheese
- 4 rashers nitrate-free bacon (no fat)
- 150 g sour cream
- spring onions (small handful - diced)
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and fry bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towel until cool. Blitz in your thermal cooking device for 5 secs/speed 6 or a high-speed blender for 5-10 secs/medium speed. It should be nice and fine, so blitz longer if needed. Then set aside.
- Without washing the jug blitz both parmesan and tasty cheese for 5 secs/speed 8 or your blender 5 secs/high speed. Then aside with bacon.
- Again without washing the jug add cream cheese and sour cream and mix approx. 10 secs/speed 4 or in your blender 10 secs/medium speed.
- Add half the block cheese and bacon mix, along with the spring onions to mixing jug and mix until well combined. If using a thermal cooking device then mix for 3 secs/speed 4. If using a blender mix on a medium speed until combined.
- Tip out onto clean bench and shape mixture into a ball. Wrap in a 4MyEarth Large Sandwich Wrap and refrigerate until set (approx. 1 hour).
- Once set roll ball in leftover cheese and bacon mix. Serve with veggie sticks, crackers or corn chips (additive free ones of course).