My entire family love pikelets, pancakes or anything in between. But I had a whole stack of buttermilk to use up, so I decided that this was the time to make some buttermilk crepes.
- Make sure your pan is hot (not crazy hot, but more like an 8 out of 10) and use a good quality butter while cooking.
- Turn the heat down once you have poured in the mixture and swirl around the pan to get them nice and thin.
- Use more or less milk if needed. This mixture should be quite runny and this will vary depending on the flour you use. Organic flour needs more milk than non-organic flour (and I used organic flour)
Toppings that are great:
- Fresh lemon juice and raw sugar
- Ice-cream and strawberries
- Fruit and organic maple syrup
- Strawberries, raspberries, whipped cream and chocolate topping
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Tracey x
- 400 g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 50 g raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp. bicarb soda
- 1 egg
- 500 g - 550g buttermilk
- Mix all ingredients together for 20-30 secs/speed 4 or with egg beaters/stick blender in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Cook in a nice hot pan, with a dollop of butter, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with some fresh or frozen fruit and dressing of your choice.