I made up this BBQ spice mix as I wanted something delicious to rub onto chicken and steak. I was getting bored with our normal ‘go to’ marinade of honey soy and needed something else. It was a big hit with my husband (and children). WINNING!
It also gave me an idea of making up a batch of different spices to give away to my dad and my father-in-law for Father’s Day. They never need anything nor expect anything expensive so I thought, ‘what a lovely gift’. My husband even asked for one…
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy, Jo x
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. brown or rapadura sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder (more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- Add all the ingredients to your mixing jug (or bowl), and mix until combined.
- Use as much or as little as you like. This is great on chicken, pork or steak.