I made these on a whim one night, they took no more than 20 mins (start to finish) and were soooo darn good I literally licked the plate…
You could swap out the chicken for pork if you wanted, I think that would be just as good. If you have leftovers, which I seriously doubt, the mixture does freeze really well.
It is no secret that we love our doTERRA oils, and part of that love is because they are 100% food grade oils. Personally, we would not trust any other brand to be food grade and as safe as doTERRA, so please, if you use another brand of oils you will need to ensure they are of the highest quality and approved for use within food.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Tracey (and Jo) x
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into long thin strips
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 large red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/2 large yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 c BBQ sauce (additive free)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil, or a decent grinding of black peppercorns
- 2 drops doTERRA Lime Essential Oil, or juice from one lime
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and add the chicken. Stir well and coat all the chicken. Set aside, in fridge, while preparing everything else
- Add the coconut oil to a large wok (or frying pan), heat until medium/hot. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 8 mins, stirring often
- Then add all the veggies and cook for a further 7 mins (or until chicken is cooked through)
- While in the final stages of cooking, prepare wraps and any other dressings you like. We loved them served with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream
- When all cooked, plate up and serve immediately