These BBQ Chicken and Veggie Satay Skewers are a great meal year round. We especially love to cook ours on the BBQ, there’s nothing better. Plus who doesn’t love a chicken skewer?
You can have these totally plain, but we have spruced these up with some satay sauce, delicious, the whole family will fall in love, and who knows, the kids may even eat their veggies – it’s worth a shot!!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Tracey and Jo xx
- 8 skewers
- 2 chicken breast (this made 8 skewers)
- Various veggies cut into large chunks - zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, pineapple, capsicum all work well
Satay Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. crunchy or plain peanut butter (100% Natural)
- 2 tsp. tamari
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80 g coconut milk
- Tip - soak your skewer sticks in water for a few minutes, so they don't burn while on the BBQ.
- Thread the chicken and veggies onto the skewers, in random order. Don't squish too close together as they won't cook evenly.
- Mix the satay sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with a small amount of coconut, or olive oil, and cook over a medium heat bbq grill for approx. 15 mins, or until cooked through. Turn every two minutes and baste with the satay sauce. Doing it this way, rather than marinating the chicken in advance, will lower the chance the sauce will burn whilst cooking.