If you have a stack of bananas that need using up, try this Banana and Date Loaf, it’s got a hint of lemon just to jazz it up and we love it!
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Love Tracey x
- 10 medjool dates
- 15 g fresh lemon juice (approx 1 large lemon)
- zest of one lemon (OR 5 drops Lemon DoTerra Essential Oil)
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 200 g SR Flour (could use wholemeal SR flour if you prefer)
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 50 g raw sugar (or rapadura sugar)
Thermal Cooking Method
- Pre heat your oven to 160C and grease and line a loaf tin with some baking paper.
- Place dates, lemon juice, lemon oil (or zest) and banana into your mixing jug and blitz 10 secs/speed 5.
- Add everything else and mix 10 secs/speed 4. Use a spatula and dig all the mix from around the blades. Then mix again for a further 10 secs/speed 4.
- Spoon into your lined loaf tin and bake for approx 30-40 mins. It's ready when a skewer comes out clean.
- This is amazing hot out of the oven with some butter, yum!
- TIP - slice into serving sizes and freeze for lunches.