I might do a little happy dance when I create a recipe as good as this, can you imagine me? I’m not joking when I say this total wholefood chocolate mousse is a winner, we all demolished it. Lucky I got two coconuts in my shop as we couldn’t wait for more and I just had to make another batch straight away.
You may need to purchase some foreign ingredients for this recipe, but trust me, it’ll be worth it! So let’s talk about them…
- Hemp seeds, they are available at any health food store and I know Woolworths have them in their Macro brand (sorry, not sure about Coles). They are so good for you and can be blitzed into smoothies and desserts and are also amazing to use in DIY body care. They contain over 30% good fats and are rich in omega-6 and omega-3 (which is good for your brain). They’re also a great source of protein.
- Baby coconuts, also available at any supermarket in the fruit and veggie section. Watch this tutorial on how to open up a young coconut (which I did also share on our Insta Stories so make sure you watch them daily for great information).
It is no secret that we love our doTERRA oils, and part of that love is because they are 100% food grade oils. Personally, we would not trust any other brand to be food grade and as safe as doTERRA, so please, if you use another brand of oils you will need to ensure they are of the highest quality and approved for use within food.
I’m so excited for you to taste this recipe and experience how amazing real food can taste, let us know what you think!
- 1 baby Thai coconut
- 1/2 c coconut water (from your baby coconut)
- 1 c soaked cashews (soaked for max 3 hours then strain, discard water)
- 1/4 c hemp seeds (link above)
- 1/4 c cacao powder (more if you like dark chocolate)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste (recipe linked above)
- 1 -2 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup (link above)
- Crack the baby coconut open and pour coconut water into a jug. Keep this for later.
- Scrape out all the coconut flesh and place into your blender. If using a Thermomix place into your mixing jug.
- Add all other ingredients and blend together on med-high speed. If using a Thermomix blitz on speed 7 until it comes together. Should take around 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and repeat. You want a nice smooth mixture.
- Pour into glasses or containers and place in fridge for an hour to set.
- Top with yoghurt, fruit and muesli if you desire. Yum!