We wanted to create a veggie burger that was as tasty as it was healthy and we think we’ve nailed it! These are packed with delicious veggies that will help keep you full for longer.
All too often we see pre-made veggie burgers from the supermarket that have a whole bunch of unnecessary ingredients in them, some of these ingredients can be harmful to our mind, body and soul, such as yeast extract that is normally found in them.
It’s so quick and simple to make your own and then you know exactly what you are putting into your body.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo & Tracey x
- 150 g sweet potato (diced)
- 150 g cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 125 g carrot (diced)
- 125 g zucchini (diced)
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp. seeded mustard
- 3 eggs
- 60 g plain flour
- 200 g quinoa (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (1-2 drops of black pepper doTERRA essential oil)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil for cooking, or oil of choice - butter, ghee or olive oil all work great
- Pre-soak the quinoa for at least two hours prior to making the rest of the recipe.
- Add sweet potato, cauliflower, carrot and zucchini into thermie bowl and blitz for 10 secs/speed 5 or in a blender for 10-15 secs/medium speed until pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients (including quinoa) to your thermie bowl and blitz for 10-15 secs/speed 6 or in a blender for 10-15 secs/medium speed until well combined. TIP: If mix is too dry add an extra egg to ensure the burgers stay together.
- Form mixture into burger patties.
- Heat a large frying pan or BBQ grill on medium heat, drizzle with oil and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through, approx. 4 minutes each side. TIP: Only turn once during cooking to ensure they don't break apart.
- Serve on their own with salad or in a burger, wrap (GF if desired) or lettuce cup, the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!