It was coming up to Christmas time and we wanted a nice after dinner snack….so peppermint slice was added to the list of things to make.
Here is our version of it.
Related Ingredients: doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think.
Tracey and Jo
- 180 g butter
- 250 g SR flour
- 120 g brown sugar
- 90 g desiccated coconut
- 320 g icing sugar
- 60 g copha
- 3 tblsp milk
- 3 drops doTerra Peppermint Oil
- 200 g chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and line a slice tray with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang over all 4 sides
- To make the base - add butter and melt for 1 min/temp 80/speed 2
- Add all other base ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 4, scrape and repeat
- Bake for 20 mins, then remove. Place in the fridge for at least 20 mins
- To make the peppering filling - melt the copha for 1 min/temp 80/speed 3
- Add all other peppermint filling ingredients and mix 10 secs/speed4
- Pour over your base and place back in the fridge for a further 20 mins
- To melt the chocolate - place broken bits of chocolate into your mixing jug and melt for 2-3 mins/temp 80/speed 3
- Pour over your cool slice and place back in the fridge for 20 mins
- Cut your slice into pieces while the chocolate is still soft, as this prevents if from cracking