Soup is most definitely a staple in our house, especially during winter. Seriously, how good is it to wrap your hands around a warm mug of soup. It is so portable as well, we often take a thermos full to the dance eisteddfod, the netball or the footy.
This is a slight variation on the traditional pumpkin soup and features our Indian Spice Mix, which takes this soup to the next level (well, that is our opinion anyway). You could also make up a batch of our wonderful Naan bread.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Jo & Tracey x
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. Indian Spice Mix (recipe linked above)
- 700 g butternut pumpkin (don't peel, just dice up small)
- 1 small carrot
- 300 mL water
- 400 mL tin coconut milk
Thermal Cooking Method
- Place everything, except the coconut milk, into your thermie and cook for 15 mins/steaming temp/speed 1.
- Add coconut milk and then puree for 1 min/speed 8, or until nice and smooth.
Traditional Cooking Method
- Place everything, except the coconut milk, into a large pot, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for approx. 15 mins, or until the pumpkin is nice and tender. Stir often.
- Add coconut milk and then puree using a stick blender or food processor.