These finger buns are soft, fluffy, out of this world delicious but what’s best is they are preservative free!! We have Lailah Rose from THERMOMUMMA to thank for this recipe. She is the bread queen which is why we have published a few of her bread recipes!
I topped this recipe with vanilla buttercream icing and our artificial free 100 & 1000s.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Jo and Tracey x
- 1h 30m
- 1h 50m
- 18 buns
- 275 g water
- 65 g sugar
- 5 tsp. dried instant yeast
- 550 g white bakers flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. bread improver (you can source a natural bread improver, or use ACV if you wish)
- 45 g soft butter
- Add all ingredients to your mixing jug in order. Combine 40 seconds, speed 3
- Knead 8 minutes dough function
- Transfer dough to a thermomat or oiled bowl & cover with a tea-towel. Let this sit & rest for 15 minutes before working with the dough
- Turn dough out onto a thermomat or oiled/floured bench & punch out any gasses that may have formed
- Divide your dough in 50g portions, roll into mini sausages spaced a few centimeters apart from each other
- Place your trays in a nice warm moist area to prove until they grow to double/triple their original size. If you are proving in a dry heat please spray your dough with water & cover your tray or the dough will dry out
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Once grown to the desired size bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Take off trays immediately & place on cooling rack
- Once cool you may cover in icing & sprinkles/coconut