I’m not going to lie and call these healthy, but geez they sure are yummy. I love anything caramel and these certainly hit the spot every time. They are really quick to make and taste amazing. Drizzle over some melted chocolate, or like I did, just some runny chocolate icing.
You could even add some choc chips to the mixture prior to baking for an extra sweet flavour.
We would absolutely love you to leave us a comment below and let everyone know what you think. It’s comments like this that make our day, and help us improve a recipe if we need to. We look forward to reading what you think!
Enjoy! Tracey x
- 120 g pitted medjool dates
- 120 g butter, unsalted
- 50 g rapadura sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 200 g self-raising flour
- Icing - optional
- 150 g icing sugar
- 15 g cacao powder
- 1 -2 tblsp water
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a slice tin with some baking paper
- Blitz dates for 20 sec/speed 4. Then tip out and set aside to use later. No need to wash the jug
- Cream butter and sugar for 20 secs/speed 4. Scrape down sides and repeat
- Add egg and vanilla and mix 15 secs/speed 3
- Add dates back in and mix 10 secs/speed 6
- Add flour and mix for a final time 15 secs/speed 3
- Press out into slice tin and bake for approx 15-20 mins, till nice and golden all over. Allow cooling in tin
- Mix icing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add extra water if it is not runny enough, or add more icing sugar if too runny
- Drizzle over slice and place in the fridge to set
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to a week